JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Sales Engineer
Triosim Corporation provides technologies, upgrades and process optimization services, rebuilds, and spare parts for the pulp and paper industry. Triosim focuses in the areas of pulp washing, woven machine fabrics, stock preparation, onsite mechanical maintenance services, metrology, nondestructive testing, and finishing equipment
General Scope of Responsibilities
Our Technical Sales Engineer position is a Field Sales career opportunity.
The position requires a unique combination of an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, and a general knowledge of the pulp/papermaking process. In this position you will represent each of Triosim's network of Companies, working with customers in your territory to provide products and solutions that fulfill customer needs.
An ability to communicate well with a diverse group of prospects, customers, and partners is instrumental for success. Recongnizing opportunities, taking the lead during the estimating and quoting process, acting as a facilitator during execution, and following up to ensure that customer needs met
As a field based position travel time is estimated at 85% and the successful candidate must be comfortable communicating remotely with Triosim’s product support specilists, manufacturing location, and corporate support.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to quickly gain customer trust and build strong relationships
- Self motivated with good time management skills
- General computer skills – MS Office, Dynamics CRM
- Mechanical Engineer Degree preferred; or commensurate industrial/mechanical services experience, industrial sales experience a bonus.
Primarily Northwest US (WA, OR, ID, Northern CA)
Base Salary + Commissions
Include understanding and promoting our full product line of spare parts, engineered products/equipment, rebuilds and precision mechanical services at each of the mills in the assigned region. You will also work closely with the Sales Team Leader to formulate and implement a business plan to meet budget targets for your assigned region. Creating and distributing professional sales call reports, creating and maintaining Dynamics 365 CRM platform and reporting of key business metrics on a monthly basis. Maintain a safe work ethic at all times while traveling and in the customer's mills.
- Safety training must be completed as required by each mill online or on-site prior to entering a customer's facility. Including carrying and wearing all the required PPE equipment.
- Promote spare parts, roll services, high velocity spray cast covers, drum rebuilds, wire cloth, wire installations, mechanical and precision maintenance services within the assigned region.
- Identify opportunities for Triosim to supply solutions for customer issues.
- Obtain competitor insight for products and services.
- Maintain sales prospect lists and customer contact listings for customers within the assigned region (Dynamics 365 CRM platform).
- Develop strategies to maximize short term and long-term profit for your region, including yearly strategic planning report.
- Provide monthly business reports for your region.
- Build relationships with key decision makers, to promote current and future business; including engineers, planners, schedulers, maintenance & production managers, technical & engineering directors as well as mill managers.